Tuesday, April 20, 2010


Monday went fairly well. I got home around 5 and was able to load & run the dishwasher, take out the trash and get a shower before the Petite Princess and Minion #2 arrived home. A quick dinner (Monday night Mexican) while the Princess grew increasingly agitated and cranky, and then we started the Ritual of Bedtime.

This consists of a relaxing warm bath and a quick massage while I towel her dry. We change her into a disposable nighttime diaper and use Maximum Strength Desitin to protect her little tush. We dress her in a one piece outfit and put her wearable blanket on her, then it's story time. As I said, she was tired and cranky, so it was a short book, "I spy in the Ocean". Then we say goodnight to her fish and head downstairs for cuddles and nursing to fill up her tummy.

When she falls asleep I put her in her bassinet. This used to wake her up instantly, but now she either stays asleep or wakes up, looks around, and goes right back to sleep. For once I was smart and went right to sleep myself. We both slept straight through until 5 am! She woke up, nursed, and went back to sleep, while I started my day.

I had to stay late at school, and the custodian almost walked in on me - if he'd come through literally one minute earlier it would have been bad. I had one of the Spanish teachers translate a note for me and hopefully that will solve the problem. He's a nice person, a gentlemanly grandfather, we're just having some multilingual miscommunication.

No comments:

Post a Comment