Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Color Walk

Today I cut the top flap off of one of those pulped paper egg cartons, and the Overlord and I colored each cup a different color. Then we went for a walk, well I walked and she sat regally in her stroller, which was NOT my idea. **sighs** As we walked, we looked for natural things in each color. Our rule was that we had to pick it up off of the ground - we couldn't pick it. Well, we did pick one dandelion out of a yard but I didn't think they would mind us picking that. We used a clump of clay for orange, which was otherwise surprisingly difficult to find. The other colors we didn't find were black, gray and blue. We did see a blue bird, but we couldn't find any feathers. I suggested that she draw a picture of the blue bird when we got home, but she had a different idea. She knows that you can mix some colors to make new colors. The problem is that she thinks you can mix up any color. She was quite insistent that we should mix blue. I finally mollified her with a blue berry. She was very excited to share "The Collection" as she called it, with her Daddy when he came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment