Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes



I can't believe how quickly she's growing, and the changes that have happened already.

She outgrew the Newborn sized clothes in her first week.
She's gained 2 pounds and 1.5 inches.
Her face looks different - less scrunched together.
Her hair is lighter.
She has somewhat better control of her arms and legs.
I think she's discovering her hands - she's sucked on her fingers and thumbs a few times.
Her sleeping patterns have changed.
She's more alert.
She really LOOKS at us now.
She's interested in the world around her.
She's starting to coo and make noises other than crying.
Her cries have changed from that newborn squall to actual crying.
She's starting to have different cries, although I haven't been able to decipher them to know if they have different meanings yet.

She smiles at us. That is amazing. I can't describe the feeling it causes in me, except that in that instant, I would do anything for her, and everything I've gone through suddenly isn't important. Only she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment