Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Break

I've looked forward to this time ever since I went back to work at school. We usually start the morning with a walk around our neighborhood, then a short nap. She plays for a bit, then hopefully I can get her to take a long nap. In the afternoon we run errands or go shopping. Or we might go splashing in her pool, if the water is warm enough. Minion #2 gets home sometime between 5:30 and 6:00. After he pays homage to her Minute Majesty, he makes dinner and we eat. Sometimes we have playtime, but most of the time she's getting tired and cranky, so we have bath time, story time, some nursing to top off her tank, and then it's bedtime.

We've been feeding her rice cereal lately. She wasn't sure of it at first but she seems to like it now. I'm going to start thickening it up, and when she's used to that I'm going to try some pureed veggies, probably squash or zucchini, since those are in season. I'll steam them and then puree. I'll probably buy some organic baby foods from the store, but right now I'm planning to make a lot of what I give her by just pureeing something from our dinner.

Today I went through her closet and put most of her 3-6 month old clothes in a bin and unpacked the 6-9 month old clothes, which are now hanging in her closet. I'm debating between taking the bin to a consignment shop and getting some more 9-12 month clothes, since we don't have too many of those, or keeping them for such a time as a friend has a girl baby, or donating them to a charity.

Speaking of doing something with clothes, I have some outfits that are adorably cute, but which won't be reasonable for the season she will fit them. For example, I have a really cute tank top that is sized for 12 months. At 12 months it will be December, and I don't foresee dressing her in a tank top. All gifts of clothes have been truly appreciated - we haven't had to buy her any clothes at all! But I don't want a gift to go unused. Would anyone be offended if I returned such clothing for something more in tune with the seasons?

note: I'm planning to ask Minion #2 to take some new photos of the Tiny Overlord this weekend, so look for new photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment