Monday, July 19, 2010

Epic Journey

In the short time since she became independently mobile, Her Wee Worshipfulness has increased in speed and endurance. There is no longer any reassurance that she will stay where I put her. No distance is too far to deter her from her explorations.

She is also interacting more with the cats, especially the one who also has plans of world domination. She is taking an interest in his toys, I mean, the objects he amuses himself with while not plotting to take over the world. A squishy round ball that looks like broken crystal is becoming a favorite of both of them. I think I should be worried. In addition, things like the CD player are being added to her favorite distractions. It has buttons, knobs AND it lights up, three of her favorite things. Incidentally, I'm thinking that when she can reach the volume knob, we're in trouble.



She's also becoming critical of my housekeeping, exploring the lower shelves of furniture for dust bunnies and forgotten electrical cords. When she finds them, she pulls them out to show me. I am striving to improve conditions to meet her stringent standards. I am beginning to think that she prefers the Roomba, our robot vacuum, to my company at times. She certainly approves of his cleaning diligence, although she prefers to supervise him, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment