Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vacation's End

Two more weeks left, and then I head back to work. Back to mornings starting at 5am and waking up a sleeping baby. It's so hard for me to wake her up; I want to just watch her as she sleeps and marvel at this person that we've made.

It does help, a lot, to know that she loves her caregiver. I know that she's in good hands and that she loves being with the other kids. And they love her! All summer long we've spent one day a week there, as a play date. All of the kids come over to say hello and many of them bring her toys. Her face lights up and she watches them play excitedly. She smiles when she sees her caregiver, and goes to her willingly, with outstretched arms.

But still, when it's quiet in the mornings I just want to let her have her sleep. Last time I would wake her up with a good morning song. I might make a new one for this year. We'll see.

Here's the first good morning song; she's 5 months old in this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment