Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sleep, Sleep My Baby




(The title is a quote from one of my favorite songs, that I mentioned in a previous post, and the picture is from when she was quite a bit younger, but I just had to include it.)

There were definitely days when I never thought she'd sleep. Heck, there are STILL days when I despair that she'll never sleep! But for the most part she's settled into a routine of a short morning nap and a long afternoon nap.

Right now she's still nappinghttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif in her swing. The side to side rocking motion seems to be soothing and she sleeps better in the swing than in her crib or Pack-n-Play. She wakes up rested and happy, ready to continue in her explorations.

I've learned that things change rapidly around little ones, so I'm enjoying this time, being able to be in the living room, catching up on email, this blog or even napping myself. Since we don't sleep in the same room anymore, I treasure little moments like this.

Today has been one of those days where I've been quietly happy. The rain is falling gently outside, she's asleep in her swing, our house is cozy. I love that we have a family in our house now. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment