Sunday, July 18, 2010

Late Nights



We had her out late last night - some good friends that we hadn't seen in over a year were in town and last night was the only time we could get together. We went out for a late dinner and the Cute Contessa was up considerably past her bedtime. She did fall asleep on the way to the restaurant and stayed asleep until our entrees arrived, so that helped a bit. She loves the hustle and bustle of restaurants - she watches all of the people and pays attention to our conversations. I always bring a bottle of breastmilk and several toys for her to play with, and she seems to enjoy seeing all the new sights. And of course it's another chance for her to convert more minions into her service. Everyone always stops to exclaim how cute she is, and how well behaved she is, and what a beautiful smile she has.

After getting to bed far too late, she woke up at 7:30 this morning and then didn't take her morning nap. She had a fun morning playing with Minion #2 while I took a break from being in charge. Then it was Minion #2's turn and I took over. We played on the floor for a while, and then went out on the porch to watch it rain. She loves watching the leaves move, and we had a quiet time just cuddling in the cool air.

Afterwards I served up some oatmeal with banana while squash steamed on the stove. I made her another batch of pureed squash to freeze so that I can send her favorite foods to her caretaker when I go back to work. Then the little on became the Cranky Contessa and I knew it was time for her nap.

This evening we're planning to head into town to buy a new aquarium for her fish. They've officially outgrown the tiny 5 gallon one we have; we're planning to upgrade to a 20 gallon. I'll pick up some plants and decorations; she loves her fish so I want to make sure the aquarium is a good habitat for them and nice to look at for her. A dinner of green beans, which she eats up with evident delight and then hopefully we'll get her to bed at her normal time.

We try to be consistent with her schedule, but she's so good even when we're not. We are blessed to have her as our baby. I mean, Tiny Overlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment