Monday, March 29, 2010

3 Months



I can't believe it's been 3 months already! Things have changed so much since the early days.

She's starting to develop a schedule. It's not concrete yet, but it will happen. She's gone from being awake at all hours to sleeping reliably from 8pm-ish to 8am-ish. Not straight through, of course. The longest she usually sleeps is 3 hours. But now that she's sleeping in the bed next to me, instead of on my chest as I'm propped up on the couch, I'm getting more and better sleep.

She holds on to me when she's nursing, and she looks at me, too. Actually she looks at me all the time, and smiles at me while I'm looking back. It's an incredibly cute, shy smile that turns into a grin.

She's turning into a person, her own separate little person, with likes and dislikes and wants, not just needs. She's going to be a very strong willed person, so we're going to have our work cut out for us, in keeping her on the Light side of the Force.

She's learning that there is a world outside of her own body. She loves to be outside, looking at the trees and birds. She's distinguishing between people, and she's not as happy at being with strangers. Although she seems to get along well with her caregiver, which makes me feel better. I am dreading April 12.

There were definitely days when I couldn't even imagine making it to this point. I definitely like 3 months better than the first few weeks. She used to be a chysalis, but now the butterfly is emerging. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of her as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment