Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Sling Recall

Yes, I know about the recall. No this is NOT the type of sling that I use - I use a Maya Wrap ring sling, and when that's being washed, a Baby Bjorn carrier that we received as a baby shower gift. I do know how to use my sling safely. The Tiny Overlord INSISTS on being able to see everything that's going on around her, so I've never used the position that has caused the problems. Here are the positions I carry her in:





So as you can see, both of the carry positions I use are VASTLY different than the problematic carry position. The way I carry Summer isn't even possible in the sling that's being recalled.

My heart truly, truly goes out to the families that have had problems with the other slings. I've cried about it a lot over the past few days.

So please, don't send me links, notices, articles, etc. I use a different type of sling, I use it safely, I use it differently and I really, really don't need to cry any more over this. I appreciate people trying to spread the word; it definitely needs to be done. But not all slings are dangerous, just as not all strollers are dangerous, even though there are approx. 10,000 stroller related injuries every year.

If you DO know someone who is using the Infantino or Wendy Bellisimo slings, please let them know about the recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment